2008 Ratings Changes
EPA changed the way it estimates fuel economy starting with the 2008 model year. This "new" way of estimating fuel economy supplements the previous method by incorporating the effects of
- Faster speeds and acceleration
- Air conditioner use
- Colder outside temperatures
What else do I need to know about the "new" ratings?
- The tests lower MPG estimates for most vehicles.
- The actual mileage you get will still vary based on your driving habits, traffic conditions, and other factors.
- All MPG estimates in Find-a-Car have been converted to the new ratings system to help consumers compare the MPG of older and newer cars.